Happy Memorial Day weekend, y’all!! If you’re spending the long weekend in the Windy City, than you’ve come to the right place! We’re sharing five of our favorite ways to spend your extra day off!
1. Brunch: No proper Memorial Day in Chicago is complete without brunch! One of our top picks? Summer House Santa Monica in Lincoln Park. Not only is their food amazing, but their interior decor is to-die-for! They even have a countdown to summer on the wall…so fun! On your way out, be sure to grab a cookie from the front cart. They have the most creative flavors, and are always delicious!
2. Beach: If you’re not from the city, it might come as a surprise that yes…Chicago has beaches! All Chicago beaches open this weekend, so take a stroll down the lakefront trail and find a spot on the sand! It’s a great place to take in a couple rays and the beautiful Chicago skyline!
3. Baseball: The Cubs take on The Washington Nationals at Wrigley Field on Monday afternoon! Grab a ticket to the one o’clock game, and spend the afternoon cheering on the Cubbies! After the game, head over to Houndstooth (an Alabama bar in Wrigleyville!) which brings a great touch of the south to Chicago!
4. Boats: Tourists and stay-cautioners alike should experience a Wendella Boats Architecture Tour! It’s the absolute best way to see the sites and learn the history of the famed Chicago architecture. Plus, if the weather is nice, it’s not a bad way to spend the afternoon!
5. Booze: If you’re taking in the sites and shopping on the Magnificent Mile, stop by Luxbar in the Gold Coast and grab a cocktail!! This is one of our absolute favorite spots to grab drinks after work! If the weather is nice, grab a spot on the patio, order a couple of cocktails, and enjoy your extra day off work in the Windy City!
What a fabulous way to spend Memorial Day in Chicago!
Nico and Lala