Thing We Heart: April 2015
Happy April, y’all! Help us ring in April in the sweetest way, with things we heart!
1. Lilly for Target: This amazing collaboration was a “thing we heart” back in February, but they just released the look book this week…and it is GOOD! The dresses, the scarves, the shoes and home decor…swoon! We’ve already cleared our schedules for April 19th (the date the collection hits stores) and are creating shopping carts in our heads. In addition to all this amazing Lilly news…we just found out Lilly is coming to Chicago this summer! We are going to be one fabulously dressed office this summer!
This romper will be in frequent rotation in our summer wardrobes!!
Afternoons by the pool? Don’t mind if we do!
Pink pineapple chevron bikini & floral button down? That’s the ultimate print combo!
2. Believe: The new single off of Mumford & Sons new CD (which is set to be released May 4th) is a must listen! If you haven’t listened to their newest song, log onto Spotify and take a listen!! This song is heavily repeated in our office, so we can only imagine how much we’re going to play their new CD!
3. Starbucks Cold Brew: Okay, okay we admit it…we’re something of Starbucks addicts. Hot and cold alike, we love our Starbucks coffee! Earlier this week, the company released their cold brew…and we’re in love! We think it gives our old standby of iced coffee a run for its money! Both in taste AND it has a higher caffeine content…total bonus for these busy ladies!!
4. Southern Charm: Southern Charm is back for its second season, and is better than ever! This show combines two of the things we love the most: Bravo TV and the South! Set in Charleston, this Bravo hit follows a group of friends living in Charleston. Think lots of fabulous Southern fashion (we can’t get enough of Cameran’s outfits…every single episode) combined with one fun group of friends, and you’ve got our favorite show!! Another reason why we love this show so much: Lala grew up with Shep on Hilton Head, which keep us tuning in every week!! Catch Southern Charm every Monday 9/8 central on Bravo!
5. Destination Wedding Invitations: At N&L, we always think outside the box when it comes to creating original wedding invitations. But this week, we were all about thinking inside the box…because we did some fabulous destination wedding invitations quite literally in a box! These fabulous navy and turquoise invitations (for a Harbour Island wedding) were presented inside of a turquoise stationery box. The box had a custom sticker on the front, adorned with a palm tree and the couple’s wedding date. The wedding invitation itself was printed in letterpress, and was wrapped with a palm leaf bellyband. Our favorite part of the entire ensemble was the starfish adhered to the bellyband…so neat! Check out pictures of the gorgeous Harbour Island wedding invitations below!
Unfamiliar with Harbour Island? This quaint island in the Bahamas is known for its pink sandy beaches, crystal clear water, and brightly colored architecture. Just our kind of place!
Can we live here?! Hello, little pink house!
N&L took a day trip to Harbour Island while in the Bahamas, and took these pics of the island!! So tropical and pretty!
Nico and Lala