Things We Heart: Fall Edition
Can y’all believe it’s officially fall?! Where did our summer go?! With the changing of the seasons, it means it’s time for a new “things we heart,” fall edition!
1. Stylish Coffee Table Decor: Oscar de la Renta: The Style, Inspiration, and Life. There’s something to be said about a book that provides as much design inspiration closed as it does open. We recently purchased the book celebrating the iconic American designer, and haven’t been able to put it down. Not only is it filled with rare images and tidbits of Oscar’s life while building his fashion empire, it also looks really, really swanky while sitting on our coffee table. This is a must read for anyone interested in fashion, design, or those simply looking to be inspired.
2. 2015 N&L Brides: While we still have some fabulous weddings in the work for 2014, we’re already hard at work on 2015 weddings! Typically save the dates are sent between 6-8 months prior to the big day, so we’ve already been busy designing swanky save the dates for our 2015 brides. If you’re tying the knot in 2015 and interested in creating a custom save the date and/ or wedding invitation, e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. For more on the N&L design process for wedding paper, be sure to visit our website! Below are a few samples of some save the dates we’ve already created for 2015 weddings.
For this 2015 wedding in Houston, we designed a sophisticated save the date that combined Kate Spade chic with the iconic shape of Texas! Printed in gold foil, the piece was accented by a simple black and white striped envelope liner.
This preppy save the date’s custom wedding logo was inspired by a bench at the resort where the couple is tying the knot. So creative!
This classic blue and white save the date was inspired by the centerpieces being used at the couple’s wedding reception…ginger jars!
3. The O-Ring: For those who live in Dallas, Ellis Hill is probably a familiar name. As one of the area’s premier stationery shops, the recently opened store offers monogrammed gifts and stationery perfect for every occasion! We got to help the owners, Kerri and Margretta, with their branding last year, and have been dying to visit Ellis Hill ever since! So when we recently found ourselves in Dallas for an event, we HAD to stop by. While visiting, we found our new favorite accessory…the Big O Key Ring!! Gone are the days of searching for our keys buried at the bottom of our bags. These oversized, leather bangles come in a variety of large colors, and play the perfect accessory for any outfit. For those who easily lose their keys or hate dragging around a clutch…this is for you!
4. NEST Candles: If you’ve ever visited our studio, you’ll know that we have a bit of an obsession when it comes to candles. We always have a candle burning, and lately we just can’t get enough of the newest addition to our collection…Nest’s Lemongrass and Ginger candle. NEST luxury fragrances are meant to inspire, and with all of the creativity happening in our studio, their lemongrass and ginger scent is just what we need. It awakens all of our senses, while filling our space with a delightful scent! We’re obsessed with our new find!
5. Sam Smith: If you’ve heard his newest album, you know what we’re talking about. If you haven’t yet listened to this British singing sensation…immediately open Spotify and play his entire album, In the Lonely Hour, on repeat. We’re very sad that we only JUST now realized that he’s playing in Chicago….TONIGHT!
Nico and Lala
leave a comment